How close is a Greek default?
Growing concern over a potential Greek default sent European markets sharply lower on Monday. Boris Schlossberg, Director of Currency Research at GTF Forex, tells BNN that a default is likely, as Greece will never be able to properly manage its debt burden.
- Monday, July 25, 2011: Moody's warns Greek default almost certain
- Friday, July 22, 2011: Fitch to declare interim Greek default
- Tuesday, July 12, 2011: A Greek default on the table
- Tuesday, July 12, 2011: Euro zone shifts to accepting possible Greek default
- Monday, June 13, 2011: S&P downgrades Greece, says default likely
- Tuesday, May 24, 2011: Greece inches closer to default
- Tuesday, May 24, 2011: EU policy options narrow to avert Greek default
- Tuesday, November 30, 2010: Euro zone periphery hammered on default fears