AGF Management net income rises 8%
8:49 AM, E.T. | September 28, 2011Financials
AGF Management (AGF.B-T) said its third-quarter profit rose 8 percent on higher revenue from its investment management operations and last year's acquisition of Acuity Funds.
The Canadian wealth management firm earned $29.9 million, or 31 cents a share, in the quarter ended August 31. That compared with a profit of $27.8 million, or 31 cents a share, a year ago.
Analysts, on average, had expected a profit of 35 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue rose 17.4 percent to $174.5 million, the company said in a statement.
- Thursday, June 23, 2011: Markets in summer pull back: AGF CEO
- Wednesday, June 22, 2011: AGF Management profit rises, increases dividend
- Friday, March 11, 2011: Stagflation, 70s icon, dusts off disco shoes
- Friday, January 28, 2011: AGF forecasts soft 2011 as Q4 profit falls
- Tuesday, November 30, 2010: AGF Management buying Acuity Funds